Sunday 26 July 2009

hat party / party hats

We had a hat party at our flat this weekend.
A lot of people came. And everyone wore a hat!!!

Some of the highlights were: a very glittery crown, the enormous crocodile, a customized safety helmet, a clip-on pigeon, a ninja hat, 2 birds nests, 2 mice and a very impressive cloud.

I made a giraffe hat:


I kept it on nearly all night (which was quite a challenge as it was rather tall). I also made some rosettes to award to the best hats, and we had a ballot box so people could vote for the overall winner:


Other treats included jam tarts & hat shaped cheese straws, an amazing hat cake by Rosie, many hat jokes, and plenty of austin's pimm's and lemonade.

Now I think a long sleep is in order.

6 comments:

Blogger said...

what fun party it was
i was lucky and had a taste of the yummy jam tart!

Anonymous said...

yer. party. heckmondwicke had fun too...

have another.

rosie tea said...

no more parties yet, or we'll all have to buy new toothbrushes, or WORSE!

d e b b i e said...

indeed. we might stick to attending other people's parties for a while now... glad you all had a ball though!

littlemithi said...

Thanks for the comment ove at mine Debbie ... I know I haven't said anything here in a while, but I _have_ been following you (have your rss feed) and have been thoroughly enjoying your escapades this summer :)

Unknown said...

my hat broke.....