Tuesday 18 March 2008

knit knit knit

Last week I paid a visit to cardigan which is a studio/shop run by Kate Jenkins (a graduate of Brighton university) and dedicated to knitted creations.

There were so many lovely little items for sale - here are a couple of postcards i picked up:



The knitted food objects on display are delightful and the project entitled comfort food - a collection of framed knitted meals - is amazing, very delicate and colourful. Unfortunately there weren't any in the shop for me to look at when I went as they were in a exhibition in another part of Brighton.

However, when I was talking to Kate she was telling me that she is currently working on creating a knitted garden installation in her studio as part of the artists open houses festival in may. So I've noted that down in my diary and would recommend it if any of you happen to be in brighton around the same time.

x

1 comment:

Ally Jay said...

It must have taken incredibly patience to design the patterns for the food. Amazing.